On a related note, the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) said driver error can be held responsible for 88% of all the car crashes whereas only 12% are the result of vehicle defects. To Err Is Human!
Below are some tips to best deal with road rage:
- Keep calm and assess the situation.
- If someone is tailgating you, carefully change your lane and let them pass. Always keep a safe distance between your car and the vehicle in front of you.
- Another driver may try to provoke you by using foul language or gestures. Please avoid getting into any kind of verbal or physical interaction. If possible, avoid eye contact with other drivers and passengers in other vehicles.
- If you feel unsafe, note down the description of the vehicle and license plate and contact 911. If a passenger in your vehicle has access to a phone, photo or video documentation is always helpful when filing a road rage complaint with the police.
- There are several phone apps that can help you in case of road rage. Nexar is an app that can help you in recording the road rage incident by turning your phone into a dash cam
Below are some tips how to control or avoid your own road rage:
- Most people get into road rage is when they are running late. The key to avoiding any tension or hurry is to either leave early or on time for your appointment or meeting.
- “If you throw stones at sewage, it’s your dress that will get spoiled.” Remember that other people sometimes act stupidly, and they will bring you to their level.
- Listen to calm music while you are stuck in traffic or running late. Avoid over-speeding and dangerous maneuvers.
- Recognize that your life is more precious than arriving at meeting or appointment 5 – 10 minutes late.
Below are links to some recent cases / incidents of road rage in Florida:
March 28, 2018 – Driver beaten with baseball bats in road rage gone wild
March 27, 2018 – Road rage led 18-year-old to point pellet gun at 72-year-old
January 11, 2018 – 3 arrested after road-rage shooting in Casselberry
Were you the victim of a recent vehicle accident involving road rage? Would you like to explore your legal options? Based in Tampa, FL, Franco Law Group is ready to assist you and your family with professional legal services.
Franco Law Group
Franco Law Group has been representing those injured in automobile and motorcycle accidents for over 20 years. Our firm understands that each case deserves the highest-quality legal representation. We give clients the individualized attention that they deserve. Call Franco Law Group now for a free consultation at (813) 873-0180.