Florida native, Megan Williams, graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology from the University of Florida and later received her Juris Doctorate Degree from Duquesne University School of Law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
After law school she was admitted to the Florida bar and began practicing Social Security Disability law.
We thought it would be fun to get to know Megan a little more personally, so we asked her a few a questions…
- What is your favorite thing to do in Tampa?
Run the Riverwalk in Downtown Tampa
- If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
The Vatican to understand more about my Catholic heritage
- Have you been involved in volunteer projects?
Yes; Fox 13’s Ask A Lawyer and Leukemia Lymphoma Society
- How did you pick the organizations?
I chose the Leukemia Lymphoma Society because my step-father passed from Leukemia 2 years ago.
- What was your role in the project?
Ask A Lawyer – The first Thursday of every month I answer questions from the public on Fox 13Leukemia Lymphoma Society – I help raise awareness and money for LLS to help find cures or blood cancers
- Why did you pursue SSD law?
Fell into it… and ultimately found it rewarding to help others in this area of law
- What would you say is your greatest strength?
I am detail-oriented.
- Where do you hope to be in 5 years? Personal life and career?
Personal life – Married with a child
Career – At the climax of my legal career
- Do you have any hobbies? What are they?
Running and reading
- What do you believe is the hardest obstacle for women in law?
Being taken seriously
- What is your favorite thing to do when hanging out with friends?
Nothing…just socializing and being in their company to catch up
- What’s your favorite movie?
I do not have one, but I love the show “Friends”. I have seen it an unknown number of times to the point where I can recite whole episodes; I watch it daily.
- If you could give someone one piece of advice, what would it be?
“Don’t just fly.. SOAR”
- What is something that no one would guess about you?
I am a home body
- What is a perfect day to you?
Having no schedule, so as to allow for a long run and/or a day in PJs
- What was the last book you read?
The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter