We Fight For Your Legal Rights!   Call For Free Consultation      (813) 873-0180

Can Someone Get Any Financial Assistance While Waiting For SSD Benefits?


You can apply for county aid, or for county healthcare, food stamps and rental assistance. Generally, you cannot get money from Social Security until and unless they have deemed that you are disabled. You can sometimes get an advance if you have been deemed disabled but the paperwork has not been processed for offsets and all of that kind of stuff. You can go into the local Social Security Office with your decision and ask for an advance, but they are not going to give you money until you have actually been deemed to be disabled. A lot of our clients do have to go to county assistance programs or churches and things like that to try to get some assistance while they are going through the process.