We Fight For Your Legal Rights!   Call For Free Consultation      (813) 873-0180

How Do People Manage When They Are Disabled And Waiting For Damages?

This can be difficult. There is PIP, meaning “Personal Injury Protection” benefits that could pay a portion of the person’s lost wages while they were out of work, but that would only be up to a maximum of $10,000 and the medical bills would also be paid from that amount. Lost wages are paid at 60% of your average weekly wage basted on the 13 weeks prior to the accident. Once that amount ran out, if the person and their doctors felt they would still not be able to work for at least a period of 12 months from the time of the accident, then they would be able to file for social security disability at the same time they were going through the process of the personal injury suit, which we also handle at our office. For more information on Filing A Personal Injury Claim, a free initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you’re seeking by calling (813) 873-0180 today.