If you were in Florida during Hurricane Irma in 2017, then you witnessed how everything changes in a moment. We saw how on Bayshore Blvd. in Tampa the water was retreated / was drawn out of the bay by the hurricane. Over half a million people evacuated throughout Florida. Many of the FL residents took flights to evacuate, but the majority of the residents packed up and traveled by car to evacuate.
In a situation where everything is tense and unpredictable, one must prepare to face anything. When there is a hurricane evacuation, we trust our car to take us to a safe place. However, since so many drivers are anxious and in a hurry to evacuate, there are often several car accidents on the roads and highways.
If you are involved in a car accident during a hurricane evacuation, please follow the steps below:
1. Stay calm and focus, even though its tough to stay calm when there is a hurricane coming and you are in a accident. Try to take deep breaths and stay calm.
2. Move your car to a safe spot if your car is not totaled. If possible, move the car or truck to a safe spot on the shoulder of the road.
3. Check everyone involved in the accident to make sure there are no injuries. If there are injuries, locate your first aid kit and call the paramedics and police.
4. Contact your attorney and insurance provider, here at Franco Law you can contact us at 813 873-0180. In many cases, you should consider speaking with an attorney before giving a statement to an insurance company.
5. Collect as much information as you can about the accident. Take pictures of the accident scene from all the sides and angles as well as the surroundings of the accident.
Things to take care of / prepare before the accident:
We hope you never get into a car accident. Accidents happen and they are not always our fault, but there are things that we can do to prepare to be safe in the event of a vehicle accident1.
- Always have a safety kit or a first aid in your vehicle. It may take time for help to arrive, it’s a smart idea to have a first aid kit to treat basic and common injuries.
- Have a packet which has all of your important documents, such as registration, insurance, and contact information in case of emergency.
- Always have your phone charged. When possible, please charge your phone via a car charger while going on a long drive.
- Avoid keeping loose items on the seats or on the dashboard. The loose items can be hazardous if you are involved in an accident.
All Female Legal Team
Hands down best attention to clients. The staff are like a family, and they referred me to the best chiropractor around.
I highly recommend Franco Law Group. If you are looking for a professional friendly knowledgeable law group, Franco is it. Megan Williams is a great attorney with great communication skills and very detail-driven.
Christine Franco and her amazing law firm have handled two personal injury cases and represented me for Social Security disability. Becoming disabled at the age of 24 is not something that's on everyone's list to do. Through these very difficult times I was very blessed to have had this amazing team with me every step of the way. They won all three of my cases. I love how they run and honest office with integrity. They tell you the truth and not what they think you want to hear. I have never met a more humble and sweet attorney. But don't let that fool you she definitely knows what she's doing and she gets things done and is not afraid to take your case to trial if you are entitled to more than what you have been offered. Most attorneys I have met will try to settle at the first offer. I told Christine I trust her 100% because I have seen how she treats everyone with the same respect and honesty so I took her advice with all my cases and I am very happy with the outcome. I have also referred my family and best friends to her because I wouldn't want anyone else representing them. You will be very happy going to The Franco Law Group.